20060315

Last Ride


Last Ride

You know there comes a time when former presidential candidates for the Democratic Party need to realize that the sun has set on their dreams for becoming the President of the United States. I was thinking that the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) should do to John Kerry what they did to Paul Hackett.

Lets face it, Kerry can't beat Hillary. (And no,this is no endorsement for her either.) He is by reputation known as a flip-flopper, and he sure as hell can't beat a Republican in a national race. Of course, discussing the 2008 presidential race is a waste of time. (Ride on Kerry.) George Bush is one terrorist attack way from declaring the rest of the Constitution ("damn piece of paper") null and void as he assumes his "right"-ful role as the permanent leader of the United States.

And as one who opposed the invasion of Iraq from it's inception, I won't be on the "right" side of history again.

3 Comments:

Blogger historymike said...

I have managed to vote for a losing presidential candidate in every race since 1984 (yes, I once voted for Reagan):
1988 - Dukakis
1992 - Perot
1996 - Dole (yes, you read right)
2000 - Nader
2004 - Kerry

3/15/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger M A F said...

Mike, I have voted for a Democrat for president twice in my life, and both times they lost. (Gore, Kerry) And believe it or not I actually voted for the elder Bush once.

In '08 I'll be looking to vote third party.

3/15/2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger Damien said...

OMG you voted for Bush snr, blech all is forgiven. Yep I think I'm pretty much in the same boat with you. The Dems are going to have a hard time, if they keep acting this way.

I'll have to include your tag post on my site next week, I only just fount it (I know I'm aweful).

3/16/2006 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home