20060310

Can't beat'em? Join'em!

I have succumbed to the kool-aid drinking, rose colored glasses wearing sychophants of the Bush administration. As I indicated in my previous post, I opted for the glasses (looking into getting contacts). I believe that my new banner brings together the whole of what sychophants for Bush believe. Things like, sacraficing freedom for security despite the wisdom of Benjamin Franklin.

I too have taken up the call of George W. Bush as commander-in-chief when he says, "the Constitution is just a damned piece of paper." What insight and candor. I have come to love the resoluteness of Bush. He has demonstrated what it means to sacrafice without sacrafice in the "war of on terrorism." A war that I support by surrendering my freedoms to the enemy that wants to take them away. And now that the Patriot Act has been made permanent (except for two sections those damned communist supporting Democrats) I have discovered the humor in Bush's joke about, "This would be easier if this were a dictatorship." I never realized how funny the president could be.

It is really a good thing that the Bush administration has minds like Donald Rumsfeld, Dick (Straight shooter) Cheney and Condoleezza Rice who have fought the war in Iraq on the cheap. Just imagine the fiscal disaster this war would have been if the Democrats were in change. This nation would be in debt to the tune of trillions of dollars and the American taxpayer would be paying higher taxes to boot!

I am so thankful that I have finally seen the wisdom of what it means to be a compassionate conservative. Cutting funding to Head-Start programs. Increasing Medicare costs to the elderly that offset the paltry increase to their Social Security payments. (A perfect example of sacrafice without sacrafice from the first president with a MBA.) Making sure that the nations school children can read and pass a standardized test but are unable to read a chapter book, or think critically in their geography classes. Surely standardized testing is the best way to make sure that the US continues to fall behind the rest of the world in educational achievement.

I hope that all the Democrats in Congress and all their supporters, from the most left-wing liberal to the DLC conservative will come to understand the wisdom and the power of uniting under a single unified party, with a banner that best represents the unanimity of the people. Long may that banner yet wave, in the land of the "free," and the home of the "afraid."

6 Comments:

Blogger Francis W. Porretto said...

The Democrats will only spiral further into irrelevance until they solve two problems:

1. What principles do we stand for that we're not willing to abandon for a handful of votes?

2. Why, in matters of national security, do we always have to come out against the safety and security of the United States?

Get those little matters squared away, and your party might amount to something again.

3/10/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger M A F said...

Francis, you make mighty assumptions. The worst being that I am a member of the Democrat Party.

3/10/2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger George Larson said...

Democrates once said "Fuck this, I've had
far too much to drink. Ask Hipocrates or Decartes!"

I read that in a book.

3/10/2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger M A F said...

Karl, thanks for accepting me into the fold.

George, Hipocrates would have loved Cheetos. HCF!

3/11/2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger historymike said...

Hey, how can I join the "club?" Sounds like a good money-making scheme!

3/12/2006 7:25 AM  
Blogger M A F said...

Mike, to join you must renounce all that you once understood and learn to accept that whatever the Bush administration is doing it is without flaw or negative consequence.

Once you make the transition, I have no doubt that 'Karl' will send you your money.

3/12/2006 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home