20090115

What'dya call that thing?

I have always referred to my pedicab as that, a pedicab. Of course there are others who have called my cab a rickshaw. Which is not, in my humble opinion a pedicab. (Many an old veteran of former military endeavors regaled me with tales of catching a ride on the rickshaw somewhere in Asia.) Still others call it a bike taxi, pedal taxi and the pedal cab.

Well, I was recently re-reading a book that some may or may not be familiar with titled, The Quiet American(see pg 11) by Graham Green. (It was made into a movie in 1958 and 2002.) The story takes place in Vietnam. Well, it turns out that in this book, The Quiet American mentions on more than one occasion our favorite human powered three wheel machine of human conveyance, the trishaw.

So the next that I am asked what I call my pedicab, I will reply, "This is my trishaw."

Happy trishaw riding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home