20060518

Tony Snow: Recovering Fox News host?

If Al Gore is a "recoving politician" I suppose it would be fair to say that Tony Snow is a recovering Fox News host for his Freudian slip during Wednesday's White House press briefing. Check out the following response between the questioner and the respondee.
Q Okay. But, I mean, maybe it was a terrific meeting. As far as I can tell, that has not stopped Republicans, particularly in the House, from going gangbusters against this President before they've had a chance to read everything, as you say they should do.

MR. SNOW: Well, as I pointed out -- I mentioned this yesterday, and for -- let me see if I can find my quote, because I pulled it out. Chuck Hagel, as you may recall, made a fair amount of news over the weekend when he first said that -- let's see -- "Well, I want to listen to the details and I want to listen to the President," said Senator Hagel -- he said this on "This Week" on a competing network.[Emphasis added.] But I would say this: I think we have to be very careful here. That's not the role of our military, that's not the role of our National Guard." That's what Senator Hagel said on Sunday.

I had no idea that ABC was a "competing network" to the the Bush White House. Had Hagle made the same comment on, oh say Fox News would have Snow referred to it as a "sister network?"

1 Comments:

Blogger historymike said...

At least with McClellan you could count on good, old-fashioned talking points.

It must be a lot more fun to cover the White House these days. Snow's gaffes in the first week probably outnumber those made by the overly-cautious McClellan over his last six months.

5/18/2006 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home