20060505

Protestors and Their Flags


Protestors and Their Flags

May 1st 2006 saw the coming together of millions of Americans to protest against HR4437 and in support of amnesty for the 11-12 million undocumented workers living in the United States. (Please note that when I write Americans, I refer to all Americans, living in the northernmost point of Canada (or is it Greenland?) to the southernmost tip of Chile and Argentina.)

Those in favor of HR 4437 and opposed to amnesty condemed those protestors that would fly the flag of Mexico. As I heard the bigots, racists, and xenophobes (who did I forget) condemn the May 1st protestors for carrying the flag of Mexico I wanted to know where their outrage is when the flags of other nations, in this case Israel are flown by the supporters of AIPAC (American Israeli Public Affairs Committee) when they protested the FBI investigation(s) and subsequent charges being filed for spying.

I hope that everyone enjoys themselves this Cico de Mayo. Not to mention May 7th, Israel Independence Day. (Thanks to Kate @ OinLF)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good points.

And thanks for the nod.

5/05/2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Ummm... You know I admire you. You know I think you're a brilliant cartoonist. And you know I respect you. Now that we know that, I just have to gently point out that last I checked, Greenland wasn't part of Canada. You still rock, though.

5/07/2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger M A F said...

Thank you Sarah for both the compliments and the correction. I wasn't sure. I was including Greenland as apart of the Americas more than making it apart of Canada. My humble apologies.

5/07/2006 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home