20051214

Oh Canada...Oh Canada...


Oh Canada...Oh Canada...


This week I had one of those humbling experiences that you rarely admit to and talk about even less. This week I learned that I don't pay near enough attention to what is going on in Canada. I spend more time seeking news and information from the world over, except for what happens in Canada.

Of course, my lack of knowledge hasn't prevented me from looking upon Canadian politics from my black and white perspective. Only now am I realizing the potential my Canadian brethern provide. Of course, if not for the suggestion of a Canadian visitor to my blog, (she shall remain nameless at this time for her politics are her own) I might still be oblivious to Canadian politics. I am still not fully versed in the politcs of the four biggest parties of their government. I did give myself a quick "refresher" course to learn the players and some of the big ticket items that may be be discussed in the wonderfully short election cycle of 30 days. (If only the US election cycle were so short.)

Enjoy.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

What a *delightful* cartoon! Thanks so much for posting it.

I can tell that it took a good deal of background research and I'm thrilled you took the time. I feel like you've just give me (one of your "regulars" a very cool Christmas present.)

Rock on! Or as the case may be... draw on!

12/14/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger M A F said...

Thank you Sarah. If not for you, this cartoon would not exist. The idea came to me while typing in response to comments you wrote regarding another cartoon.

I have an idea that you might want to consider although your blog is apolitcal. you might want to consider posting it to your blog. Or not.

12/14/2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger Damien said...

I've always thought it was just plain wierd how countries that are so close seem to be so incredibly different (well society and politically speaking). I guess I just get this Anne of green gables vibe when I think about Canada and Snoop dog vibe when I think about the states.

12/14/2005 2:23 PM  
Blogger M A F said...

Damien,

What a wonderful analogy!

12/14/2005 10:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Brilliant, Damien! Heck, Mac could almost draw that one!

12/15/2005 1:42 PM  
Blogger M A F said...

Almost Sarah?

If I didn't know any better I'd think that was a very subtle dare.

12/15/2005 11:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Moi?

Dare someone?

Neva! (insert evil grin here...)

I merely said "almost" because I got such a vibrant visual in my brain I was almost inspired to pick up a pen and draw it myself... but then I remembered that I can't draw.

But far be it from ME to dare someone who actually can! ;-)

12/17/2005 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home