20060101

What are they fighting for?(Tank Talk) with: My New Year's Resolution


Tank Talk


My New Year’s Resolution
20051231

I am the last person to make New Year’s Resolutions. I usually scoff at others who make resolutions every year that will, for whatever reason never be realized. Perhaps people resolve to do too much. My resolution has nothing to do with losing weight, eating right, or wanting to exercise more often. Nor does it involve having to give up smoking, drinking or sex. My resolution is quite easy, almost to easy.

My New Year’s Resolution 2006:

I resolve to point out to the supporters of George Bush, (be they Republican, Democrat or whatever) that they have surrendered to Osama bin Laden and his band of al Qaeda terrorists. After all it is the supporters of Bush that praise him when he violates the U.S. Constitution, and treaty obligations by calling it a necessary step to protect the country.

Only those interested in appeasing the terrorists who struck on September 11th would support fighting the “war” on terrorism by allowing the Constitution and the freedoms that soldiers are supposedly dying to protect in Iraq to slowly diminish. These are hardly the actions of people who profess their “undying” support for the troops.

I will now refer to these supporters of President George Bush as traitors who are complicit in committing acts of treason against our nation as they help fulfill bin Laden’s wishes of making the U.S. a nation that is less open, less tolerant, more restrictive, and less free. These enemies of the state are enamored with a leader who sees him self above the law and willing to enact restrictions that he deems in the nations best interest regardless of its constitution, history or legal precedence.

Those people that support or condone torture will be viewed through the same narrow prism. They too are traitors willing to aid and abet the enemy in the “war” on terror by destroying the very fabric of our society.

It is time that “liberals” stop running from the word “liberal” like it is a contagious disease. Everyone knows that “progressives” are really liberals that have allowed others to stigmatize and shame them just for who they are.

It is time for liberals to take a stand and reclaim the word liberal as a badge of honor. One way to remove the stigma is to start referring to liberals as “Liberals” rather than the politically correct term of progressives. Liberals need to take to heart a lesson taught by blacks that embraced the word nigger and took away the racist stigma. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the dykes of Dykes on Bikes, who took dyke away from the bigots and homophobes.

Perhaps Howard Dean and the DNC will awaken from their “progressive” slumber to take back the word liberal from the political zealots who need regressive progressives to help spread their desire to surrender, and to appease the terrorists that want to kill us and take away our way of life.

That said; I want to wish others well in fulfilling their New Year’s Resolution(s).

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Seems to me that your new year's resolution is simply a continuation, of sorts, of the path you've already been on for some time, no?

Dare I say... sort of like my journey for health and fitness... The date on the calendar has less to do with it than the passion and consistency that fuels the desire to do it.

Happy New Year to you, Mac. I enjoy your thoughtfulness, as much on your blog as the comments you leave on mine.

1/01/2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger Foilwoman said...

Of course, I agree with you. And I think it's good to emphasize that the true betrayal of the U.S., its values, its Constitution, and its soldiers has been and is being committed by the Bush Administration, the Republicans in Congress, and those too lily-livered to oppose them. They couldn't be doing the U.S. more harm if they were "paid agents of our enemies." Truly. When are constitutional violations an impeachable offense.

Someone needs to say: There is nothing conservative about disemboweling our Constitution, our legal system, or our self-respect. There is nothing conservative about saying you have family values but undermining families. There is nothing conservative about spending money like water without the means to pay the bill when it comes do, and indeed, undermining one's ability to pay the bill when it comes due.

This is not conservative or patriotic. It is radical and revolutionarily insane and irresponsible. It's stupid. And it's our government.

1/01/2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Damien said...

I have'nt thought of a resolution yet - I keep on thinking. Anyway I got your email wonderful picture loved it, you're a really talented chappy.

I guess people are starting to realize that George and the boys are hollowing out the concepts that make up the united states and setting dangerous new presidents!

1/01/2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger M A F said...

Ladies and Gentleman,

Thank you for your comments.

Sarah - I find that there is but one response to your question; Yes. Thanks for the wonderful analogy. (Boy lots of analogies are found in my comment section.)

Foilwoman - I have half a mind to edit my resolution to include your uncommon, common sense comments.

Damien - Glad you liked the cartoon. Thank you for the compliments. I am always looking to improve.

I hope that you are correct and that people are starting to realize what George and the boys are up to.


I look forward to returning to your blogs in 2006 to experience more of the vast experiences of the human condition.

1/01/2006 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope people catch on to at least one of your points. That'd be a grand accomplishment.

1/03/2006 2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home