20060124

Flaunting myself with the words of others.

Not so long ago around early December (I don't remember) I came across some anonymous blogger (and don't remember his name) who wrote about submitting his blog for review to the Bloggy Award people and how he recieved a notice rejecting his site. In short, they told him that his blog was a dime a dozen. And they weren't going to write a review for their blog.

Well, occasional glutton for punishment that I can be, I decided to submit my blog to the folks at Bloggy Award. I figured that I could turn the criticism into a positive. I can take it. I'll use it to make my blog better and increase my viewership. Even if that means using color and having to toss out the double-entendre in my banner for something else.

Well, I went back to Bloggy Award to look around. Maybe they were just busy and hadn't gotten around to sending me my notice offering their condolences. Well, I'm scrolling through the reviews when I came upon their review of my blog. (It can also be found on the sidebar.)

When I scrolled down and saw my blog I was just happy enough to know that complete strangers had taken the time to offer a review of my blog. I started reading their review, I found myself grinning like the Cheshire cat, and then it happened. I hurt my arm...

You see, I wasn't feeling at all modest and started to pat myself on the back when this sharp pain shot through my elbow and into my hand. It is a good thing I was using my "right" arm.

I had planned on typing up a few choice words about Bush and his speech at the University of Kansas, but that will have to wait until after I heal from my injury. I should be all better by tomorrow.

If you think that the folks at Bloggy Award are just blowing smoke, I want to hear from you. If you think that they are just being nice, I want to hear about that too! What say you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Foilwoman said...

I'm a bit slow today. I agree with the Bloggy review, but what's the double entendre in the banner? I normally get double entendres before they've even passed someone's lips. I normally think of them first. So why don't I see it?

1/24/2006 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home