20060711

A note of apology.

I just wanted to post a quick apology for not posting for the better part of a week. My personal life which I have not mentioned before, (as I have tried to maintain a political blog of cartoons and commentary) has affected my desire to post for the past week. It wasn't that I didn't have any fresh material it's just, well, I just haven't had the desire to post. My heart hasn't been in it. I will make a more concerted effort to posting on a regular basis, between 3 and 5 times a week.

I have several cartoons that address the issue of nuclear proliferation that I will be posting for your entertainment and edification in the coming days. Stay tuned!

3 Comments:

Blogger historymike said...

Hope things get better, Mac. We all have our ups and downs.

Some thoughts:

1. When I get in a funk, I post a couple of re-runs to buy myself some time.

2. I also have a couple of features, like the "Quote Shelf" or "Rapid Rhetoric" that keep the site fresh while requiring only a little effort.

I'm not sure that this technique, though, necessarily translates well for a graphic artist: "Hey, look everybody! Here's some scribbling I spent two minutes on!"

3. Maybe you could incorporate photography.

4. Finally, the relatively narrow scope of your art (political commentary) is probably limiting your output on this blog. I am sure that readers would enjoy seeing the other sides to your creative vision.

7/11/2006 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be in the air... I've been going through "stuff" too.

7/13/2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Hey Mac - It's been a while and I thought I'd stop by. I scrolled down and saw this post. Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I echo point #4 of the comment above. You have a good deal of talent and if you ever decide to expand beyond politics, my guess is the following would grow accordingly.

Nevertheless, you're good at what you do. ;-)

7/27/2006 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home