20060217

Sycophant bloggers for the Bush administration

While I have a regular list of blogs (see Blog-pinions) that I visit on a daily basis, I confess that I derive a guilty pleasure of visiting sycophant bloggers for the Bush administration. I often find myself laughing at the ubsurdities of their arguments, and the blatant hypocrisy employed as reason, logic, empty rhetoric.

Aside from the empty rhetoric I have noticed that many of these sycophant bloggers for the Bush administration employ comment moderation with great regularity. And whilst I was surfing yesterday evening I came across one of these bloggers, by the name of ModerateConservative. The "moderate" has employed a list of rules for posting in his comment section,
"Rules:
Insulting, Immature and repetitive comments will be deleted. I reserve the right to approve or delete any comments for any reason. If you don't like the rules, don't leave a comment."
Well, my rational being got the better of me, so I left a comment with the "moderate." I wanted to know why someone who would not tolerate insulting, immmature and repetitive comments would want to devote blog space to the very insulting, immature and repetitive comments of the following email sent to a Black Republican that he posted under the heading, "Leftist Bigots."
To: __________@yahoo.com
Subject: ___ Feedback
From: “_________” [_______@yahoo.com]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:42:44 -0600

_____ ____ wrote:
_______,

Sometimes I really think you were better off an alcoholic. Sadly, you do not realize it, but you are still black and albeit behind your back (and many times even in your face) just a little “Stepin Fetchit” nigger to your white conservative “masters”. Hating your black self and blaming blacks for the current state of their condition, may make your masters proud, but only further enslaves YOU. You need to wake up sista.

From an informed and educated WHITE brother!

_____ ____
Boston, MA
The "moderate" followed up the email with the following editorial commentary.
_____ is the one who needs to wake up. It is his party that refuses to give minorities a proper education. They oppose vouchers, keeping poor blacks in poverty in order to harvest votes.

Leftist racism is alive and well in America. If you are black and do not think like a leftist, they will use every kind of racial slur to denigrate you in public.

How charming.
Putting aside the idiocy of the emails content, I wanted to know how the "moderate" knew that the individual that sent the email was a "leftist" and a member of "his party," the Democrats. (What other party has been accused of "harvesting votes" of Black people?) I was also interested in knowing how a supporter of the party that "preaches" about personal responsibility and accountability permits him to take this one individual and apply his actions to "leftists" like me.

I did not fail to mention that the "moderate" was relying upon the practice of bigots and racists by taking the words of one individual to paint a whole group of "leftists" with his broad brush.

Well, you can imagine my suprise when I learned that my comments were not added to the comment section despite adhering to the "rules" set forth by the "moderate." I suppose if I had left a sycophant, group think response my words would be left emblazened in the comment section.

OK, I didn't really believe that my comments would be posted. But it was fun to poke fun at the "moderate" and his self-serving hypocritical rhetoric.

Of course, if you think that I am wrong, please leave a comment. I don't employ comment moderation.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bob P said...

Good point. I, too, have often left comments at Conservative sites, only to find that those comments are either not published at all, or have been "removed by moderator" a short time after appearing. This, despite the fact that I have taken care to present only arguments based on fact, free of profanity or ad hominem attacks. In fact, those are the only types of replies that are left visible at these sites, I suppose to bolster the idea that Liberals are filled with irrational hate.

Oh well - it's all a part of what the President meant when he stated that he "welcomes open debate" on the issues. As long as you agree with him, that is.

2/19/2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger Tahoma Activist said...

I heard a segment recently on The Thom Hartmann show (thomhartmann.com) about this very subject. Turns out that the cons created a ring of phony blogs and blogs that serve no other purpose other than shilling for other blogs, which was then used to crosslink to a few neocon pages, which raised the standing of those sources in the google ratings. The whole point was to drop liberal pages farther down in the rankings - this was done during the election season and is apparently illegal and an FCC violation. It would be great if these clowns had to pay fines for circumventing election law.

2/20/2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger M A F said...

Tahoma, very interesting...thanks for the information. And we can expect that nothing will ever come from these violation of the law.

2/20/2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

Yeah, I've had the same experience. To be fair though, not at all conservative blogs. But in general, conservative bloggers seem less willing to tolerate comments from those who disagree with them then liberal bloggers do. I think us libs in general welcome any opportunity cons give us to demonstrate how wrong they are.

2/22/2006 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home